Are you bewildered by the whole subject of traffic generation? Certainly, getting Internet website traffic is a bit of a ‘black art!’ You really must know what you are doing. If not, you are going to be committing lots of time or money. Actually, probably both!
But, just listen to this a moment. Just recently I set-up a brand new website and got it live on the world-wide web. I did one traffic generation tactic (twice), and now it’s on page one of Google for both those terms! There are 112,000,000 and 147,000,000 competing results for my search terms, respectively! And, I am position 8 for them both.
Yeah, OK, that’s not going to bring a whole load of traffic, until I can get them in the top 3 slots. But, it’s a very good start, isn’t it? Plus, the sites around me are all page rank 3, 5, 6 or even 7! How did I do it? It was using a virtually untaught traffic method. Traffic from RSS Feeds.
How To Get Internet Website Traffic From RSS Feeds
So, what is RSS? It means ‘Really Simple Syndication’. It’s how to get your favourite sites to tell you when they have new content, rather than you having to do it! If you go to YouTube via this link, you will find an excellent video to help you understand it. (Not that you need to, to work with this traffic generation technique)!
All I did to get my site listed for those 2 search terms was:
1. Create a feed for my static web-page using Feedity.com
2. Post the feed URL (from Feedity) to the feed aggregator site Feedagg.com
You only need to use Feedity if you have a static web-page. For blogs, you go straight to step 2. Simply take the RSS feed URL using the little orange button on your blog.
The Most ‘Ninja’ Traffic Tip You Could Get
The thing to bear in mind here is a number of facts:
1. Google loves RSS! Why? As most marketers are not using RSS feeds or these traffic tactics, they must be being used by real visitors! Therefore, it’s a great opportunity for us who are driving traffic and wanting it to look as natural as possible.
2. Google loves blogs! And, since blogs have RSS feeds built in, the two go together. You can get Google to love you by building a blog and using the RSS feeds!
3. RSS feeds are hardly known as a traffic tactic. Internet website traffic generation is a constantly evolving art, and here’s one way to get the jump and get ahead.
So, here are 3 approaches to utilizing RSS Feeds for traffic:
1. Set-up a network of blogs and use aggregators, such as Feedagg, to get new links every time you make a post to the blog. That’s time consuming, but it won’t cost you anything. Plus, you will soon become an expert in this under-used traffic method.
2. Grab Chad Kimball’s great course on using RSS Feeds and get your site on page one in 15 minutes. You can see it here: Google Domination
Get the whole thing automated with this very cost effective tool – Web Traffic Genius